Saturday, August 1, 2015

FAQs

What size are your classes?
As small as 1 and up to 13, but usually about 4 kids. 


What ages do you teach?
Children of all ages can and should be exposed to art. I have taught children as young as 2 years old. My "Art for Littles" class is usually ages 3-5. I also teach teens.


Do you teach adults?
It depends on the adult and what they want to learn. If you are interested in learning paper making, pottery, altered books, art journals, collage, basics of drawing, basics of art principles and elements, then yes. If you want to be able to learn watercolor or oil painting step by step a la Bob Ross, then no.


Can I stay for my child's class?
Usually, no.  I have found children tend to be less focused, less respectful of me as an authority figure and more focused on parental approval when parents stay for class. If this is an issue for you or your child and you feel they need your presence, please contact me so we can discuss the situation further. 


Do you offer a sibling discount?
Usually, yes. Details will be in the post for the class.


Does the cost of the class include supplies?
Usually, yes.  Details will be in the post for the class.


Are you a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT)?
 No. No. I am not. I do teach zentangle, but I think being certified in a doodling technique is a bit, well, ridiculous.


Do you do portraits?
     No.

Do you do pet portraits?
No.

Why not?
I simply do not enjoy it.

Do you do commissioned work?
     Yes, but not traditional portraits.


No comments: